Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Character Interview on "To Read or Not to Read" Book Blog

An Interview with Valerie Valerian


Valerie arrived for her interview riding her Sound albatross, Pegasus. She looked like a fairy riding a kite with the giant sun swimming in the lagoon-sky behind her. She led me to the stunning Orphanage dining hall. I noticed that dark circles engulfed Valerie’s enormous blue eyes, as if trying to drown them out. And she looked as pale and see-through as the fairies fluttering their icy wings above her, under the watery ceiling of the glittering hall. But Valerie’s wild, cropped hair was more like a fawn’s than a fairy’s.

“Tells us who you are?” I began.

Valerie smiled and lowered her eyes shyly. “I’m the niece of Victor Valerian. I grew up in the palace. My life was wonderful until four months ago. Then everything changed… If you ask me what my favorite color is, I’ll tell you it is the color of my mother’s ring.”

“Why is everyone in the dining hall staring at you?”

Keep reading on To Read or Not to Read Book Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment